Sunday, August 17, 2008

Flashback

Remember wwwaaaayyyyyy back in July of last year? About that time, the boys were tiny baby-blobs and we were leaving the house for the first time since they were born. Around that time, we visited Stumpy Meadows Lake for one of the boys' first outdoor activities.
Today we experienced a little Deja Vu as we returned to Stumpy Meadows for a day of fun in the sun.

They boys had a ton of fun swimming and hiking with their Daddy.


Come on in, the water's great!

Gabe Hiking with Dad

Days like today really accent the differences in the boys' personalities. Elias is a little thrill-seeking and always gives 200% to whatever he does. I'm Splashin' I'm Splashin' I'm Splashin' I'm Drownin'


This water looks good, I'm drinkin' I'm drinkin' I'm drinkin' I'm drownin'!

Gabe is our precise explorer. He is curious and checks everything out in detail. He likes to show-off practice new skills over and over. Today, he was far more interested in climbing up and down the steep rocky beach. He was very careful to turn around and back down the steepest parts.

Gabe practices for his future role as the first baby on Mars...

Here he is examining the denisity and feel of the soil.

hrmmm...much more grainy and firm than the goose poop I found earlier. Now for the taste comparison...

2 comments:

hadjare said...

Ahh he tried goose poop!? Oy....I was just going to ask you how you manage to stop them from trying to eat the dirt and was about to be amazed that they outgrow that already.

The Goddard Family said...

Well, he ate the goose poop at the park on Saturday. I was chasing Elias and didn't see that he had unearthed it in the sandbox. Usually they listen to "No Eat, YUCKY!" but I didn't catch him fast enough time time.

There are many days where I feel like I am just trying to intervene in one disgusting adventure after another! :-)