Thursday, January 10, 2008

Puppy Love

People who know us BC (before children) know that we had a real affinity for our bassets Ruby and Sassy. Okay -- it was more like an obsession than an affinity, but whatever... :-) Thus people often ask us how the doggies are doing with the babies. The boys LOVE the dogs -- they are more obsessed than we ever were! If we can't get them to stop crying, we call a dog for them to look at or touch -- this ALWAYS calms them down and distracts them. Sassy could give or take the babies and most often just ignores them. Ruby, on the other hand, really seems to like the babies and goes out of her way to interact with them. Below is a little photo-montage demonstrating her puppy love:

Look! I found two babies on the bed!


Ooops -- this baby is a little dirty -- I'd better clean up that face!


Sure -- I'll give you a hug to go with that kiss!


The babies left with my mommy --

I guess I'll just keep the nursing pillow warm until they return!

No comments: